Thursday, February 25, 2010

A cry for help...

I don't usually get too political here, but today is a rather special day. Today I found out that, after three months of working very hard, I qualified for medical insurance through my employer at my day job... only to discover that the *BUDGET* plan was too pricey for me to afford at my pay level.

Okay, that's not quite true. Yes, I could afford it. But not it, plus makes end's meet, save for the future, and have much of a meaningfully active life.

So, today I can speak with real authority to the conservatives and right wing tea bagging idiots out there, when I tell them; "FUCK OFF. I'M A HARD WORKING, LAW ABIDING, TAX PAYING AMERICAN THAT GIVES BACK TO HIS COMMUNITY AND BELIEVES IN EARNING HIS LIVING;" as one of the crux of their arguments about those 45,000 that die every year from under coverage must be they're lazy, or something.

Of course, I think Keith can sometimes sum it up a lot better than I...



Please, please, please... this isn't about egos, getting re elected, or the partisan philosophies of your constituants. This is about American lives... Human lives.. Our lives. There are 34 countries doing better at health care then us, right now. Shouldn't we stop puffing our delusional chests and maybe learn how to treat our people better?

No comments: