Wednesday, May 6, 2015

From the Conductor: thinking of thinking and letting go of letting go...

Those of you who...

Oh, yeah, hi; I've reopened the Conductor's Office and have started getting things over at Neverland Transit Authority back on the track.I know I've been a way for a while, but there's been a big set of reasons; most notable, of course, being the events of last June through the end of the year. It's okay, I did a Stuff about it.

Anyway, for those that have put up with being my friend I'm sure they've noticed some odd and peculiar tumblings of my thoughts, as of late. I admit that it's been because the prognosis for my condition ended up not being... the most favorable... I could have hoped for. And that has left me with a lot of late nights with nothing but me and my thoughts. And as Miss J and I have been known to point out, no good can come from that.

Naturally, as I trip through my funk, good old Alan Watts reaches out from beyond his own time with some words of wisdom...


Of course, leaving your mind alone, and not thinking is easier said than done; when one has a mind built like mine - like Sarah Winchester was its architect. Of course, I'm not a whole load busy being enwrapped in the alternative, I suppose. So, I guess it's having a go and getting the old brain pan a touch empty.

Maybe it's not so much "there isn't a whole lot of time left" as "there's precisely enough time to not stay here". So, all aboard...?

No comments: