Tuesday, March 3, 2009

From the Conductor's Office: Sharing the doodle love!


Well, I've managed to survive yet another Wondercon; though I'm still doing it on the fan side of the table. And while I'm beginning to consider never crossing back (No, NTA is still full steam ahead.) I did catch a spark of inspiration walking and talking among the new creators in Artist's Alley.

At left is a sketch page with a few fun things on it. Obviously the big stand out is the attempt at a self portrait done in color pencils. Not too terribly accurate, I'm afraid; but very comic book like, at least. The sword in the corpse hands motive, there, is part of a large ensemble story for Galactic Gun that's far down the road, as is our braided warrior next to it.

The top corner is an extreme perspective thing (Don't ask, I was feeling "artsy".), and next to it is an exploration in character design; mainly focusing on hair. The robot is also from the comic, but more on him later. And lastly, I have no idea about the woman. I saw this sketch someone else shared and liked the pose.

No comments: