Wednesday, October 5, 2011

You've come a long way, baby!

The wheels of the train keep turning down that winding track. And no better place can you see where you're going than from where you've been.

A good case in point? Well, for me, it's the orginal version of page one of Neverland Transit Authority's Galactic Gun: The Adventures of Justin Bailey in Pocket Full of Posies side by side with the new cleaned version that I'm using to lure some poor unsuspecting fool recruit a new engineer to fix up the old art and get it spiffy for print...

No, it's a remastering; not the Lucas treatment...
The only thing I'm really going to do with the old pages is just get them digitally painted. Yeah, there's a lot of  sway in the characters, as far as design goes. But, I think it's best to leave that the way it is, instead of try to redraw panels, and such. It feels right to actually show how the title grew, matured, and changed throughout this story. I mean, I don't want to get all Star Wars Hack Happy, right?

No comments: