Friday, February 10, 2012

Well, it's a look...

Kali by Charlie Irons 2/8/12
You know, although I'm very happy with the expressiveness and readability of the current render style of the characters of Galactic Gun - as much dictated by economy of time, as by intent, I'm never satisfied with it.

I know I can do "better". Or, at the least, I know it can look better.

So, I'm constantly playing with my art style, exploring possible other looks for the world of Justin Bailey and his crew of misfits. The idea is to increase the visual aesthetics of the story to draw the reader deeper in.

In short, to create the best possible comic experience I can.

"Cutie Kali", here, is one such recent attempt during one of my latest character jams. She's about as close to manga, I suppose, than I will ever feel comfortable with. (Saying a lot when you learn that, in my early teens, manga was the only style I wanted to draw in. Hey, I was young.)

I'm still hammering out what the "new look" will be for the comic, after the conclusion of The Twisted Case of Station 77; or even the order of the stories, for that matter. No matter what, though, you can rest assured I'm always playing around with how to make my comics better for your reading pleasure.

No comments: