Friday, June 29, 2012

Building character...

Just a couple of bad asses out for a stroll...
Despite the rather tongue and cheek approach I take with Galactic Gun, there are a lot of aspects - some rather serious - I'd like to take the comic and its stories. To that end, I've often wondered how effective the cartooning style I'm often to use is. Times like those produce imagines like these; where I take the pivotal characters of the Galactic Gun universe, and give them a more “realistic” look.

This gives me the more legitimate look, for sure; something needed to be taken more seriously as a Graphic Novelist. But, I wonder... and, maybe worry... if, in getting more to a standard look, I might be sacrificing some of the more expressive tools of the characters and their stories.

Whether I'm trying to use cartoons to express seriousness, or illustrations to be funny, I fear something's going to be a little lost in the translation. All the more reason to keep hunting for that just right look; blending the spectrum of design.

I don't know; what do you think...?

No comments: