Friday, November 16, 2012

Getting the band back together... for the first time...

For some time now I've had this idea... Well, okay, it's more like a dream, really.

I've wanted to sing.

Maybe I should clarify. You see, I can sing. In fact I don't suck at it, all that much. Well, at least from what I can tell by the silly drunks at the bars when I go a karaoke-in', anyway.

But I've also had the pension for writing silly prose and humming a tune. Though I never did much with either, I've always thought it'd be neat to someday learn the guitar and maybe do a tune, or two.

Well, as all things are want to, when given time to percolate in my mind, this little notion has started turning into something more. And, with the big Four-Oh just under a year and a half away, I've decided that now's as good as time as ever to move this idea over to the win column; along side of get my degree and start actually publishing my comics.

And so, it's with great enthusiasm, I give you 2013's new project from Neverland Transit Authority; it's first in station band...


As many who visit the station know, I have a very diverse collection of musical tastes. National Railway Sound Project would be the synthesis of that. As an ensemble group, the genres and themes of the music would slide around and even cross over with each other. It would be fairly common for one track to be a blues number, followed by a driving rock tune, and finished with something a bit folky. From jazz to a waltz, and everything in between; nearly the entire musical landscape could be covered.

I've begun scribbling down some lyrics and will be picking up the old guitar, again, for another go at learning to play. So far I have just a couple of track ideas; "Take It from Me", "Somewhere", "Boxcar Stomp", and doing a cover of either a Who song, or Peter Gabriel. Obviously that list will grow, over time.

So, I have my concept, and I'm building material. Now I just need to learn to how to play, figure out how to put a working band together, and convince a few talented musicians to join up.

Oh boy...

No comments: