Sunday, November 27, 2011

Oh crickey... Oh crumbs...

That's a wrap, Mr. Hall. Thanks for all the hard work!

A little over a week ago, the world of animation lost one of the great creators, Mark Hall; who gave us Danger Mouse - the story of a one eyed white mouse in a white jump suit who, living at a mailbox at 221b Baker street, fought evil with his bumbling side kick Penfold.

What? It was the eighties, for crying out loud.

Many were the afternoons I would hurry home from school to catch the zany antics of this pair as they fought a host of diabolical megalomaniacs, such as Silas Greenback and Count Duckula. Dispatched by Colonel K, the pair would gallivant the world to protect it from evil. 

Anyway, anyone who is in the know has obviously connected this wonderful gem from my childhood to its modern day tribute in my car, The Dangermouse; the story of how it earned its name is legend among my friends.

So, thank you Mark Hall; wherever you may be. I never met you, but your cartoon lives on in me... and my car.

No comments: