Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Sketch Daily March 6th: "Scary Monster"

So, the biggest disappointment for me, artistically speaking, has been that, since getting going on Neverland Transit Authority's Galactic Gun: The Adventures of Justin Bailey, I do very little, if any, free doddle time. Basically, when sitting in front of a blank page, I can't come up with a single thing to draw that isn't something to do with my comics. I hate that.

Reddit to the rescue!

More specifically, Reddit's Sketch Daily sub Reddit; where a moderator dolls out a different sketch assignment each day.

Today, March 6th, was my first day. The assignment was a scary monster. How'd I do?

Scary Monster by Charlie Irons
pen and ink on paper
 I'm going to try and keep up with the daily assignments, to keep my creative juices flowing, and, hopefully, get my mind going into directions it usually doesn't, or has stopped going to, all together.

Then, I'll post them up here at The Conductor's Office for everyone to check out; along with any little blurbs that might come to mind about said picture.

Who knows; this may be the birthplace of new characters, or even whole stories.

1 comment:

Sara said...

super scary