Friday, February 20, 2009

From the Conductor's Office: Getting a handle on watercolor...


So I've been goofing around, some more with the watercolor pencils, and I have to say that, for the most part, I'm starting to get the hang of them. Hopefully that's evident by the picture to the left.

Interesting things I have discovered:
1. Layering pre-application of water is kind of pointless.

2. That's okay, though, because you can add more layers after application of water. This is great for adding shading, especially.

3. I'm gonna need a bigger brush if I want to do washed open backgrounds. Brush size has been one of the first things I've had to learn, as too small and you get stutter strokes. You can really see in the background on Justin's left.

4. Sometimes colors look different after other colors surround them. Case in point; that's still the same skin color on Justin as from the "Quiet Drink" picture, just now it's not as yellowish against these colors.

And, yes, if you're wondering; this is the new look for the characters that will take affect in the second story; "The Twisted Case of Station 77". I think we can all agree that this is a huge improvement; especially for Kali.

As of this post, there is 27 days and counting until the relaunch of Neverland Transit Authority and its first title; "Galactic Gun: The Adventures of Justin Bailey"! I'm so nervous I think I'm gonna barf...

No comments: