Sunday, September 25, 2011

Anne Hathaway... the new Julie Nemar?

Meow, baby...
And here it is, as being reported by Comic Alliance; Anne Hathaway in a very throw back styled Catwoman suit for the up-coming Batman movie. As with the previous movies, this "first look" is, as always, just another reason I have been skipping these Nolan movies. Especially when the comics, and the games, have been using a much more visibly stunning, and plausible, outfit for some time now:

artwork by Brandon Peterson
I know that more than a few of my friends who read this think I'm nuts for not liking the new Batman movies. In retort to their defense of these films I offer the reasoning that, when eating shite for so long (Batman Returns through the Schumacher disasters), cardboard will taste exquisite.

Honestly? Much like the new take on old favorite Doctor Who has begun to alienate me, so has this. From the reworking of the death of the Waynes, to Bruce's history, to the contorted way the villian's mythos gets butchered, just about every scene, spoiler, and line of dialog continues to push me further and further from the character; most beloved of my comic heroes, and my gateway into the incredible world of comic books.

I'm not saying you're wrong to like this. I'm just saying I don't. And I'll continue to stick by my assertion that Batman the Animated Series has been the best interpretation of Batman - off the comic book page - ever.

No comments: