Monday, September 12, 2011

They're boycotting? Oh, GD...

Click to enlarge the heresy.
Yes, believe it or not, this page is working the panties in a bunch of the owner of The Comic Conspiracy, in North Carolina.

Why? "Taking the Lord's name in vein."

No, seriously. He's all upset about about the last panel that he's are calling for a boycott of  this, and any other work by renowned comics author, Grant Morrison:

"As of today’s release of Action Comics #1 by Grant Morrison, The Comic Conspiracy, will until further notice, be boycotting all future Grant Morrison books. If you want Action Comics, you will have to buy it elsewhere."


He then goes on to say, of his facebook page:

"Christian comic book readers and shop owners. Join us in the Grant Morrison Boycott. Action Comics #1 is a slap in the face to Superman, Christians and Superman creators Siegel and Shuster!!"

Personally, I'm gonna call this for what it is; TROLL. Look, I know a publicity stunt when I see one. After all, this is... well, his is nothing; especially compared to any other number of things that have been intorduced into comics - from slams on Tea Baggers to gay characters, bizzare murders, and all kinds of acts of violence. Yet here this guy makes some kind of moral stand because:

"I could see Guy Gardner and maybe even Hal Jordan (Green Lanterns) saying it. I could see Oliver Queen (Green Arrow) saying it. I could easily see Damian Wayne (Robin) or MAYBE even Bruce Wayne saying it. But Superman was created to be the “perfect” super-hero. Unblemished. Superman is an American icon."

"It grieves me to see a liberal Scottish schmuck like Grant Morrison take these liberties. I’m sorry, Superman would NEVER take God’s name in vain. In the words of the late Jim Croce, 'You don’t tug on Superman’s cape.'"

He then ends his rant with:

"I deal with books like 'Crossed' and 'The Boys'. I accepted gay characters being introduced into a children specific book like Archie Comics. I however am getting very tired of having comic writer’s liberal agendas force fed to me. Mr. Morrison has stepped over my line. If I have to stand alone on this… I will."

You have a good time with that, Bucky. The rest of us will be over here, reading our comics, and enjoying a more sane life... TROLL.

No comments: