Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Doodle folk and EVA Workin'...

I'm sure with everything being as oddly quiet over at Neverland Transit Authority you'd have no trouble believing me I've been swamped.

Right?

Okay, okay, look, I'll prove it. So, here's a few work ups I've been doing for random characters, such as our established heroes, in something just a little more realistic... well, better representational, at any rate.


Seriously; when have we ever seen a good guffaw from our buddy, huh?
With the next story nearly half inked, I've already begun to turn my attentions to bringing up the art a little more; time allowing, of course. I'm not sure, though, about it. I mean, these little cartoon versions can get really expressive, and are much more capable of being identified with, I think. Eh, I'm still playing around with it.

In the meantime, I've been doing a series of sketches of Justin Bailey to have around as fun art; throwing stuff out there to fill gaps in page updates, or for merchandise, posters, whatever. One of my first warm ups takes Justin out on the Hull of The No. 7 for some space walking.

 
The idea for the spread of pictures is to be everything ranging from candid moments to outrageous follies. Something I picked up from my time reading stuff from Masumane Shirow, like Appleseed. (Check out some of his work, here.)

Not only does it give me marketable eye candy, but it can also help to build a base of relationship between reader and characters. You're more oft to relate to folks when you see them in quiet time and at play; things that normally happen to the crew off panel.

Anyway, just a little something to keep you entertained, in the loop, and up to date. The next train leaves the station September 30th as we begin to wrap up Pocket Full of Posies.

No comments: