Monday, September 5, 2011

Rockin' Out with the First Lady of Video Games!

Metroid Metal is the brain child of Grant, lead for the metal instrumental group Stemage; of both I am a huge fan of.

The idea is simple; take the music of the Metroid franchise and arrange it with hard rock production values. The action of the games is now punctuated by hard hitting guitar riffs, pounding bass lines, and crazy drum rhythms.

I created this piece as a thank you to the crew for all the great music to my favorite video game of all time; the inspiration for Galactic Gun!

As per my usual productions, Samus and her guitar are hand drawn, scanned, and everything else is added digitally.

Both Metroid Metal and Stemage are on my tier one play rotation list. If you're a fan of the game, or the musical genre, you should definitely pick up this stuff, or at least give them some lovin'.

No comments: