Monday, April 18, 2011

30 Day Song Challenge: Day Two - "Least Favorite Song"

Day two's challenge is to pick your "least favorite" song. What does that mean? Well, for me, it means litterally that; of all the songs I call favorites, this pick will be at the bottom of the list.

So, here is my current pick for "least favorite song":

I know, I know; you want to know how... HOW!?... I could pick something from The Decemberists as the bottom of my favorites pile.

Well, at the risk of sounding like a hipster, I've been listening to The Decemberists for a little while, now; having discovered them through local college station KFJC. As I am want to, I immediately ate up the entire back catalog, all of which is exceptionally good, inventive, and full of its own life.

However, this last album, "The King is Dead", really hasn't, to me, seemed to be filled with as much vigor. Maybe it's the more folk route the band took with this latest endeavour, I don't know. Don't get me wrong, there are some good songs on the album. And, The Decemberists remain a top favorite band. Just that this song, as much as the rest of the album, could have used a little more... I don't know... pep?

So, there you go; the least favorite of all my favorite songs.

No comments: