Friday, February 7, 2014

40 quips of wisdom in 40 days ~or~ The noise I give myself as I get ready to turn 40...

So, as of today, February 7th, 2014, I have forty days left until I hit the forty year maker; noting as many trips around the sun. (That's more mileage - when you factor in Earth's rotations and revolutions - than I care to think on.) And, in a true cliche, I have amassed quite the little horde of "truths" that have helped to guide me to this point in life, for better or worse. So, here they are, in no particular order; one per day...

#40 "The hardest part of moving a boulder is the first push. After that it's all down hill."

Interestingly enough, this started more a positive inspiration; which I think is easy to see, at first glance. However, since I first uttered these words, a couple decades ago, it's become more of an observation on the musings of life and the consequences of our efforts, regardless of the goodly intent we may, or may not, put behind that drive wheel.

However, firstly definitions are still on merit for this; no matter what you get to doing, getting to doing is usually the hardest step. This could be starting your own business, mending of burnt bridges, confessing feelings, or even going back to school after nearly twenty years.

As for me? Well, my boulder hit a gully, and now it's back to getting that first push, again, so it can finish its tumble. I only hope I'm not already at the bottom of its path when it comes to a rest...

*Photo credit: Rachel Blum Spencer

No comments: