Saturday, May 7, 2011

30 Day Song Challenge - Day fourteen - a song no one expects you to like.

I am known far and wide, out here, for my across the board musical tastes. I don't think there isn't a genre not represented in the Station House Radio collection in some way. However, it never ceases to amaze me that people are generally amazed that I like this particular song:

No, I am not a real fan of local boys made good, Train. (Though, with that name, one would figure I was, I guess.) But, this song I do like. The general message of trying to work out the problems in the world delivered in an unausally upbeat way kind of speaks to me; makes me feel like I might have the power to do something about life, sometimes. And, leaves me in a generally positive state about it, too.

And yet, they aren't really a popular kind of sound with my close crowd, and so they're surprised when this song comes on and I start singing away with it.

No comments: