Monday, May 2, 2011

30 Day song Challenge: Day nine - a song you can dance to.

There are all kinds of ways to dance. And in just about every culture there are all kinds of dance forms, and the music to go along with it. We all have our preferred method, of course. But since I am The IronChuck, then my choice for the day nine challenge - a song you can dance to - should be obvious:
Not the version I was looking for-
which had horns and strings-
but it gets the job done.

It was a particular ex-girlfriend that first introduced me to the subtle, yet fun, art of ball room dance. And over the years, I have been privileged to share this good time from the past with others. The gist of the thing is, usually, centered around the waltz, of course. And, as a way to soften the learning curve of the 1-2-3-4, I have found no better a song to teach the waltz by than with good old Mario.

After all, if a monkey squashin' Italian Plumber from Japan can do it, anyone can.

No comments: