Sunday, May 15, 2011

30 Day Song Challenge: Day seventeen - a song you hear a lot on the radio.

Ah, the radio...

I can't honestly remember the last time I just sat and listened to it for anymore than a couple of hours.* Grand Central boosts over 1000 CDs and various digital musical sources. The entirety of the collection has come to be affectionately known as "Station House Radio". So, really, between indie retailer updates, and my monthly dives into Rasputin's clearance bins, there just isn't any real draw to listen to commercial radio, any longer; what with it's over plaid, over hyped, musical wasteland playu lists. And today's challenge illustrates this pretty perfectly:

Okay, so this number, by one time cultral revolutionists turned media staple Red Hot Chili Peppers, probably shows how long it's been since I had my dial tuned up to any major radio station. However, there was, at one point, a time when this made rotation two, maybe even three, times during each DJ's shift. The controversy over its simulatiry to a Tom Petty hit didn't help any, either.

Honestly? I don't care what it's about, or any particular back story it may have. Like so many
main stream" songs, I'm really just so disinterested and don't really care.

*I do find the dial tuned, every Saturday morning, to college station KFJC for the Norman Bates Memorial Soundtrack show. In fact, KFJC is about the only station I do listen to. Yes, I am really into independant music.

No comments: